- Pakistani girl who died in Texas shooting 'wanted to experience American culture'
- Kerala Nipah outbreak HIGHLIGHTS: People advised against eating fruits lying on ground, fruit bats suspected carriers
- Man lynched in MP for ‘bull slaughter’: Economic reasons, not vigilantism, behind assault on duo, say villagers
A DAY before Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Chandigarh to attend the Yoga Day event, Congress celebrated Monday what it called ‘International Jumla Day’.
Hundreds of party workers gathered at Nehru Park in Sector 22 and performed, albeit symbolically, “asanas” that highlighted the “failures” of the Modi government. The workers enacted ‘black money asana’, ‘berozgari asana’, ‘Lalit Modi asana’, ‘petrol and diesel asana’ as passersby cheered them on .
Other ‘asanas’ included those of dhan ghotala, ration, dollar asana and service tax. Congress MP Pawan Kumar Bansal and Congress chief Pardeep Chhabra and other councillors also joined the workers in the act.
- How to lose weight with these 10 simple yoga asanas
- Congress leaders perform ‘Shavasan’ to highlight farmers’ plight
- We support Yoga Day, waiting for asana by PM Modi to curb inflation: Shiv Sena
- Now, Chandigarh PGIMER to include yoga in nursing course
- Tricity pulls out mats to de-stress with yoga
- International Yoga Day: Haryana gears up for the day
In order to mock the NDA government over the high prices of tomatoes, Congress workers rubbed the vegetable on their cheeks, claiming they have now become dearer than facial creams.
In another act, workers were seen seeking loans from friends to show how inflation has affected the poor.
Claiming that the Modi-led government has not managed to fulfil even a single promise it made before the elections, Chhabra said instead of trying to control price rise, the Centre is busy organising yoga events to divert the attention of the people from burning issues. “The traders, employees, workers all are unhappy with the government. Even facial creams are cheaper than tomatoes,” said Chhabra.