A Shiv Sena worker on Tuesday threw ink on party MP Sanjay Raut as rival factions in the party clashed in Lucknow. “A Shiv Sainik threw ink on Raut in front of the VVIP guest house here this afternoon,” party sources said, adding that though the workers largely shielded their leader some of it fell on his clothes.
The offender, identified as Suryabhan Vishkarma, and his accomplice were, however, overpowered and beaten up by the workers. The MP, who was here to meet Sena members and take stock of the situation ahead of assembly polls next year, said that he has come to know of some problems in the party and will look into them.
Watch Video: Attempted Ink Attack on Shiv Sena Leader Sanjay Raut
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Both of the men have been taken into custody. One of them received injuries in the incident and has been hospitalised, they said.
According to sources, rival factions in the party came to blows over brewing discontentment and one-upmanship in the presence of their leader.