The inquiry committee, set up by Uttarakhand government to examine the controversial infertility medicine produced by Ramdev’s pharmacy, has submitted its report which is “not in favour” of the Yoga Guru.
The state government had formed the three-member committee last year to probe ‘Putrajeevak Beej’, an ayuvedic product which allegedly promises a male child.
- Congress charges Baba Ramdev with a role in rebellion by party MLAs in Uttarakhand
- Opposition demands ban on Ramdev's medicine guaranteeing male child
- No role of Ramdev in party's ticket distribution, clarifies BJP
- Gurus disappearance to be probed by CBI,Ramdev hits back at Cong,calls it khooni
- Gurus disappearance to be probed by CBI,Ramdev slams Cong as khooni
- Ramdev a 'thug',deceived the entire country: Digvijay
The report has been sent to Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat and will be submitted to the Union government after he gives the go ahead, state’s Principal Secretary, Health, Om Prakash, said.
“The inquiry report on Putrajeevak medicine is not in favour of Ramdev. The report has been sent to Chief Minister Harish Rawat,” Prakash said, while refusing to divulge the details.
The product courted controversy when on May 1, Rajya Sabha MPs led by JD(U)’s K C Tyagi demanded a ban on it and sought stringent action against the manufacturer. The Centre had then directed the Uttarakhand government to launch an inquiry into the matter.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
However, Ramdev had rejected the allegations, saying the medicine helps in curing infertility in women and termed as “false and misleading” reports that it promises a male child.
The committee, which was earlier headed by AYUSH Drug Controller PD Chamoli, however, gave a clean chit to Ramdev, saying that the nomenclature of the drug was in accordance with the ancient Ayurvedic books and literature.
But, after the Chamoli committee report, the state government asked the DG Health and state law department to examine the matter and submit its report, which has turned out against Ramdev, Prakash added.