Almost a year after allegedly murdering her daughter Sheena Bora, Indrani Mukerjea wanted her husband Peter to believe that she was neither mother nor sister of Sheena and that the 24-year-old victim was very much alive.
This is stated in an email sent by Indrani from Sheena’s account to Peter Mukerjea, who was arrested last week in connection with the murder, as per the chargesheet filed by CBI in the case.
According to the chargesheet filed by CBI on Thursday, investigation agency sources said the mail was one of the many emails that Indrani had sent to people in her bid to make them believe that Sheena was alive.
- Sheena Bora murder case: Court junks Indrani's plea for Peter Mukerjea's call records
- Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea makes U-turn, says not accusing Peter Mukerjea
- Indrani Mukerjea using media, misleading court, says Peter Mukherjea
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea may have conspired, abducted her, says Indrani in court
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea may have caused her disappearance out of greed, says Indrani
- Sheena Bora murder case: Shyamvar Rai 'can't recollect' nature of talk with her boyfriend
“It may all sound very bizarre to you but this and only this is the real truth. Indrani is neither my sister nor my mother but just a good Samaritan who arrived in our lives a few years ago,” the mail, sent to Peter on March 14, 2013, read.
Though Indrani’s lawyer Gunjan Mangla could not be contacted, her former husband and accused Sanjeev Khanna’s lawyer Shreyansh Mithare said he is yet see the chargesheet.
“I am yet to go through the chargesheet. Hence, I don’t want to comment,” Mithare told PTI.
Peter’s lawyer Niranjan Mundergi also said he has not seen the particular mail, hence, cannot comment.
The email, purportedly sent from Sheena’s account, says that her grandparents had a daughter, whose name was also Indrani. “My grandparents had a daughter and an only child Indrani Bora (your wife’s namesake), who was my mother,” the mail read.
It said that her mother (Indrani Bora) had Sheena and Mikhail from a man she had eloped with as the family totally disapproved the relationship.
“After struggling for couple of years on their own and finding it impossible to make ends meet, they (Indrani Bora and her husband) decided to return home when my mother was pregnant with Mikhail,” the mail said.
According to the email, Sheena’s father belonged to a lower caste and did not come from a financially sound family, the relationship was unacceptable to her grandparents and they were ashamed to acknowledge him.