Indrani Mukerjea, who was admitted on Friday at state-run J J Hospital, is now responding to oral commands after coming out of her unconscious state post several hours.
“She is semi-conscious. Her respiratory depression is continuing. It is 12 per min,” said Dr TP Lahane, the hospital’s Dean. On Saturday morning, doctors who checked her medical parameters said her blood pressure is 110/70 MM Of Hg and her pulse is between 73-80.
“Her Pco2 is slightly raised. It is normally 45 but she has 47 reading. She is maintained on four litre oxygen per hour,” Lahane added. Indrani is currently admitted in the hospital’s cardiac care unit which has been closed for other visitors except for the police, CBI and doctors. Officials from the state home department and the CBI visited her on Friday night.
Senior consultants are monitoring her and her ‘Choline esterage’ is normal which indicates there is no opium poisoning. The report of urine analysis will be ready by Sunday which will give doctors a better idea of the toxins in her body.
Lahane added that she was prescribed psy drug (Tab.Mirtzapine 7.5mg OD & Tab Etizolam 0.5mg HS ) dose which was very minimal.
- INX Media case money laundering case: Indrani Mukerjea remanded to 14 days judicial custody by Delhi court
- INX media case: Court sends Indrani Mukerjea to CBI custody for two days
- Money laundering case: Indrani Mukerjea to be taken to Delhi next week
- Sheena Bora murder case: Court junks Indrani’s plea for Peter Mukerjea’s call records
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea may have caused her disappearance out of greed, says Indrani
- Sheena Bora murder: Indrani Mukerjea in ICU after ‘overdose of pills’ in jail
“The report of gastric lavage is yet to come from the forensic lab,” he added.
Indrani, accused of killing her daughter, Sheena Bora, was admitted to the hospital in Byculla after she allegedly took an overdose of pills at the women’s prison, where she was lodged after being remanded to judicial custody.
She was arrested on August 25 this year by the Khar police, who also went on to arrest her driver Shyam Rai and her ex husband Sanjeev Khanna. The case was subsequently transferred to the Central Bureau of Investigation, and all the accused are currently in judicial custody.
Currently investigation is on to ascertain how she managed to get access to an overdose of pills.