Two days after the derailment of Indore Patna Express that claimed over 140 lives, the Railway department on Tuesday transferred Jhansi’s Divisional Railway Manager to Ranchi and suspended divisional heads of coaches & tracks and their subordinates. The Railways also formed a 12-member team of GRP personnel to investigate the accident. DSP GRP Jhansi will head the team, Director General Railways Gopal Gupta said.
Watch What Else Is Making News
An FIR has already been registered against unidentified railway employees under section 304A (causing death by negligence), 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) and 338 of IPC at the GRP police station at Bhimsen railway station.
Officials had said that prima facie the cause of the accident could be due to track fracture.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation