At least 70 passengers were offloaded from a Raipur-bound Indigo flight at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad on Friday night on the grounds of “unruly behaviour”, following which the fliers lodged a complaint with airport police alleging they were harassed by the airline staff.
The incident happened between 8:30 PM and 9:00 PM. The passengers, who as a group were travelling to Raipur from Hyderabad, were trying to exchange seats among themselves. An altercation erupted between the cabin crew and two-three members of the group over this.
- Unruly flier forces plane to make emergency landing
- Dubai-Kozhikode Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Bapu ka apmaan: Ruckus after Asaram Bapu alleges insult by crew
- Man held for shouting bomb... danger... Karachi on Mumbai flight
- Scare in air again: Kolkata flight delayed
- Unruly passenger on flight from Goa triggers hijack scare in Delhi
“The cabin crew then called the ground staff to assist them. The situation worsened and led to the extent of offloading of passengers,” airport police inspector T Sudhakar said. He said the passengers in a complaint alleged that they were harrased by the airline’s staff and the flight took-off without handing them their check-in baggage.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The airline in a statement said the passengers were offloaded “on the grounds of unruly behaviour” and an FIR has been lodged with local police in this regard. “Indigo confirms offloading of 70 passengers (group booking) who were scheduled to fly on 6E-466 from Hyderabad to Raipur on January 22 on the grounds of unruly behaviour,” the statement said.
Some of the male passengers (of the group), who were standing in the aisle, did not pay heed to the repeated requests made by the cabin crew to take their seats before closing of the aircraft doors for take-off. They then “began to brush their luggage against one of the crew members”, it alleged.