At least 70 passengers were offloaded from a Raipur-bound Indigo flight at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad on Friday night on the grounds of “unruly behaviour”, following which the fliers lodged a complaint with airport police alleging they were harassed by the airline staff.
The incident happened between 8:30 PM and 9:00 PM. The passengers, who as a group were travelling to Raipur from Hyderabad, were trying to exchange seats among themselves. An altercation erupted between the cabin crew and two-three members of the group over this.
- Unruly flier forces plane to make emergency landing
- Dubai-Kozhikode Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Bapu ka apmaan: Ruckus after Asaram Bapu alleges insult by crew
- Man held for shouting bomb... danger... Karachi on Mumbai flight
- Scare in air again: Kolkata flight delayed
- Unruly passenger on flight from Goa triggers hijack scare in Delhi
“The cabin crew then called the ground staff to assist them. The situation worsened and led to the extent of offloading of passengers,” airport police inspector T Sudhakar said. He said the passengers in a complaint alleged that they were harrased by the airline’s staff and the flight took-off without handing them their check-in baggage.
The airline in a statement said the passengers were offloaded “on the grounds of unruly behaviour” and an FIR has been lodged with local police in this regard. “Indigo confirms offloading of 70 passengers (group booking) who were scheduled to fly on 6E-466 from Hyderabad to Raipur on January 22 on the grounds of unruly behaviour,” the statement said.
Some of the male passengers (of the group), who were standing in the aisle, did not pay heed to the repeated requests made by the cabin crew to take their seats before closing of the aircraft doors for take-off. They then “began to brush their luggage against one of the crew members”, it alleged.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review