President Pranab Mukherjee inspected one of the largest maritime events in the recent past, as International Fleet Review 2016 (IFR 2016) took place off the Visakhapatnam coast on Saturday.
Close to 75 Indian warships and 24 from Navies across the globe sailed past the Presidential yacht- INS Sumitra, that, besides Mukherjee hosted Prime Minister Narendra Modi, defence minister Manohar Parrikar, three service chiefs besides others.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Amongst the Indian platforms that paraded in front of the high profile delegation off the east coast was INS Vikramaditya- India’s biggest aircraft carrier, INS Viraat, destroyers INS Kolkata, Mysore, frigates- Shivalik, Satpura, Teg amongst others.
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- Fleet Review: When the President rules the waves
- President Pranab Mukherjee calls for peace as India projects naval might
- International Fleet Review 2016: Glimpses of Indian Navy's majestic display
- Preparations underway for International Fleet Review in Vizag
- International fleet review: China to take part, Pakistan unlikely
President Mukherjee watched as the Navy’s surface, sub surface and aerial platforms performed breathtaking maneuvers off Visakhapatnam’s famous Rama Krishna beach. The Naval helicopters Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) Dhruv, Chetaks performed Search and Rescue missions even as the latest acquisition P- 8i maritime reconnaissance aircraft flew past the Presidential yacht.
The Hawk and Mig- 29 K aircraft too displayed breathtaking maneuvers- displaying the skills of the Naval warriors to operate their fighter jets at a pressure six times the gravitational force.
Sailors on board the vessels saluted the Presidential yacht and waved their berrets in a gesture to acknowledge the reviewing by the Supreme Commander of the armed forces. Amongst international platforms that paraded in front of the President were platforms from Bangladesh, China, US, Australia, Mauritius, Oman, UK, Vietnam besides others.
Close to 4000 sailors participated in the fleet review- perceived to be the biggest so far in India. The first international review had taken place in 2001 in which navies of 29 countries from across the globe had participated.