An international hockey player of Indian origin has filed a police complaint against national team captain Sardar Singh alleging sexual harassment. The 21-year-old player has filed a written complaint with Ludhiana police.
The woman claimed she has been engaged to Sardar for the past four years and alleged that he “mentally, physically and emotionally tortured” her. She also alleged that Sardar forced her to abort their child in 2015 against her wishes and later refused to marry her.
Ludhiana Police Commissioner P S Umranangal said that a “complaint is being verified” and no FIR has been registered. “The woman has alleged sexual harassment and filed a written complaint against national hockey captain Sardar Singh. The maternal family of the player lives near Bhaini Sahib and the woman has alleged that they met during visits to this religious sect guru. FIR has not been registered as investigation is going on,” he said.
According to the complainant, she met Sardar during the London Olympics and got engaged soon after. However, their relationship had strained for the past few months. She alleged that Sardar “blackmailed” her to abort the child. “I met him during the London Olympics and we got to know each other better after that. We got engaged but in 2015 I got pregnant. He told me to abort the child, which I did against my wishes and without getting support from anyone,” she told The Indian Express. She claimed that she had got in touch with Indian High Commission officials in her country, who advised her to file a police complaint.
She claimed that the India captain abandoned her after the abortion. “He has been ignoring me and has refused to marry me after that incident. He has harassed me emotionally, physically and mentally,” she alleged.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The woman, who has roots in Sirsa, added that she had called police at India’s team hotel during the World Hockey League in Antwerp last year, when Sardar allegedly assaulted her. “I have filed a complaint and hope I will get justice,” she said.