An international hockey player of Indian origin has filed a police complaint against national team captain Sardar Singh alleging sexual harassment. The 21-year-old player has filed a written complaint with Ludhiana police.
The woman claimed she has been engaged to Sardar for the past four years and alleged that he “mentally, physically and emotionally tortured” her. She also alleged that Sardar forced her to abort their child in 2015 against her wishes and later refused to marry her.
Ludhiana Police Commissioner P S Umranangal said that a “complaint is being verified” and no FIR has been registered. “The woman has alleged sexual harassment and filed a written complaint against national hockey captain Sardar Singh. The maternal family of the player lives near Bhaini Sahib and the woman has alleged that they met during visits to this religious sect guru. FIR has not been registered as investigation is going on,” he said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
According to the complainant, she met Sardar during the London Olympics and got engaged soon after. However, their relationship had strained for the past few months. She alleged that Sardar “blackmailed” her to abort the child. “I met him during the London Olympics and we got to know each other better after that. We got engaged but in 2015 I got pregnant. He told me to abort the child, which I did against my wishes and without getting support from anyone,” she told The Indian Express. She claimed that she had got in touch with Indian High Commission officials in her country, who advised her to file a police complaint.
She claimed that the India captain abandoned her after the abortion. “He has been ignoring me and has refused to marry me after that incident. He has harassed me emotionally, physically and mentally,” she alleged.
The woman, who has roots in Sirsa, added that she had called police at India’s team hotel during the World Hockey League in Antwerp last year, when Sardar allegedly assaulted her. “I have filed a complaint and hope I will get justice,” she said.