Focusing on humanitarian aid and disaster relief, the Indian and Chinese troops held the first joint tactical exercise in Eastern Ladakh sector of Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday.
Part of the ongoing initiatives being taken by both the countries, the joint exercise lasted the entire day in Chushul-Moldo area on Saturday, an Udhampur based Defence ministry spokesperson Colonel S D Goswami said.
Led by Colonel Ritesh Chandra Singh, thirty Indian personnel participated in the joint exercise. The Chinese delegation was led by Colonel Qu Yi, the spokesperson said, adding that the exercise was code-named “Sino-India Cooperation 2016’’. The joint exercise was based on a situation of national disaster occurring on the border and subsequent coordination of rescue mission by joint teams of both the countries, he added.
It compliments the Hand-in-Hand series of India-China joint exercises, including the recently conduced one in Sikkim, the spokesperson said, adding the increased interaction among both the Indian and Chinese troops is “very positive step in enhancing confidence and building relations between the two armies’’.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016