Amid heightened tension on the international border between India and Pakistan, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had launched a social media campaign to boost the morale of Indian soldiers. Through his campaign, PM Modi gave a platform to the people across the country wherein they can send their wishes and messages to soldiers for Diwali, who are miles away from home and their families.
WHAT ELSE IS MAKING NEWS
People can send messages under the #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign on the Narendra Modi App, through MyGov.in, and also through All India Radio. Doordarshan shall also be mounting a programme to share people’s emotions with the armed forces.
The PM, who is leading the campaign, said in a tweet, “I sent my #Sandesh2Soldiers. You could also do the same. Your wishes will certainly make our forces very happy.” The campaign started on October 25 will run till Diwali, October 30.
TheIndianExpress.com had taken an initiative in the campaign and had urged people to post messages with the hashtag Sandesh2Soldiers (#Sandesh2Soldiers) on our Facebook page.
Here is a curation of the top 10 messages on our site:
1. Indian army Jawans you all give us the security of our lives just like our parents. This Diwali let us all salute their sacrifices.wishing you a very happy Diwali…i am ending wd this line “tum ho to hum hai”… a big salute to Indian army. (Simpi Bisht)
2. I have nothing to say…because of no words match perfect for you. You all are above to our belief. Thank you to make secure us to live happy. May God this Diwali makes a lots of fun for you and have a bright future. (Pawan Kumar Mandal)
3. I was wondering,how to make it to go home just before one day before Diwali(assuming there would be heavy rush at metro & railway stations) and then i realized “oh man” the man who is going to check me at frisking zone is not evn goin home to celebrate this festival with his family.. my Diwali wishes is for all the brave hearts and their families.. wish u all a very very happy & prosperious Diwali. (Nitin Kumar Panwar)
4. Indian Army, Navy & Airforce wish you all a happy Diwali. I salute you all for your services for the nation in protecting us from the enemies by sacrificing your lives, staying away from your families. Our best wishes to your families. (Kothandhapani Rajagopalan)
5. We know its tough time now, to be away from ur wife, kids, parents. We understand your feelings. India is a single largee family and U people are the lifeline of this beautiful nation. We thank you for all your dedication. We love u all. Have a wonderful diwali. #Sandesh2Soldiers (Dhanish Kumar)
6. Soldiers never die! Nor does thier solidarity. We owe you to the core. Thanks for safeguarding us!! May God add our lives to add to your years of bravery and serving the Nation. Jai Jawan! (ER Prikshit)
7. Thanks a tons Indian army, because of you we are protected, indeed there are no blood relationship between you and me but still you care of me and my fellow Indians, you are stand there like a mountain without rest, sleep, food with only intention to protect the nation, when I look at Indian soldier I feel proud, salutes you all Indian army from the bottom of my heart, respect and wish you a very very happy depawali, Jai Hind (Abdul Charms)
8. Dear soldier we r very proud for your bravery and sacrifies . So pls dont think that u r alone Happy Diwali (Abhishek Sinha)
9. True hero’s of our country. They guard our borders when the whole nation goes to sleep peacefully. (John Dsouza)
10. We celebrate every DIWALI with our family. But for our SOLDIERS the Real Diwali is in Protecting the Nation… A big SALUTE to the Indian SOLDIERS…. And A Blasting Diwali Wishes to them and their family who Support them… JAI HIND…. (Lodh Durgaprasad)
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now