At least six Maoists were killed in a gunbattle with police near the border of Telangana’s Khammam district and neighbouring Chhattisgarh state in the early hours on Tuesday, police said.
The exchange of fire took place between a team of Greyhounds — Telangana’s anti-Naxal force — and the rebels in a forest area bordering Chhattisgarh, a senior intelligence official from Telangana Police said.
- Chhattisgarh: Woman Naxal killed in gunfight
- Maoists torch guest house, vehicle in Telangana
- 8 suspected Maoists killed in encounter on Telangana-Chhattisgarh border
- Four security personnel killed in Chhattisgarh
- Six Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh
- Dead Maoists diary leads police to huge arms haul in Andhra
“At least six Maoists were killed in the encounter with police on Khammam-Chattisgarh border in wee hours today,” he said.
Six bodies have been recovered and the identification process is on, he said.
Eight weapons have been recovered from the site, he said.
Combing operation is on in the forest area, he added