At least six Maoists were killed in a gunbattle with police near the border of Telangana’s Khammam district and neighbouring Chhattisgarh state in the early hours on Tuesday, police said.
The exchange of fire took place between a team of Greyhounds — Telangana’s anti-Naxal force — and the rebels in a forest area bordering Chhattisgarh, a senior intelligence official from Telangana Police said.
- Naxal gunned down in Chhattisgarh, weapons recovered
- Top Maoist Jampanna surrenders in Hyderabad
- Eight maoists killed in encounter with police in Telangana
- Telangana: Eight Naxalites killed in police encounter in Bhadradri Kothagudem, says Police
- Seven Maoists, five of them women, killed in encounter in Maharashtra, says official
- Chhattisgarh: Six maoist killed in operation prahaar
“At least six Maoists were killed in the encounter with police on Khammam-Chattisgarh border in wee hours today,” he said.
Six bodies have been recovered and the identification process is on, he said.
Eight weapons have been recovered from the site, he said.
Combing operation is on in the forest area, he added