India is hosting the Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction for three days beginning tomorrow and the meeting is expected to pave the way for implementation of Sendai framework for calamities in the Asian region. Addressing a press conference, the Home Minister said Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the meeting, which is the first major inter-governmental event after the adoption of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction (SFDRR).
“This conference will pave the way towards implementation of this framework in the Asian region and will also devise a mechanism for monitoring its progress,” he said.
Singh said 61 countries from Asia and Pacific region with nearly 4,000 delegates, including 1,100 foreign representatives, are expected to participate in the conference.
“The Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (AMCDRR) will provide a unique opportunity to shape the implementation and monitoring of Sendai Framework in Asia,” he said.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet