Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said on Sunday that the standard mechanism at the level of Director Generals of Military Operation (DGMO) of India and Pakistan has been ‘activated’ to bring back the soldier who was captured by Pakistan after he had ‘inadvertently crossed the Line of Control.’
Parrikar was speaking to the media on Sunday morning in Pune after a programme under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan organised by Pune Cantonment board on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
Parrikar was asked about the efforts being made by the Indian government to bring back the Indian Army soldier of 37 Rashtriya Rifles who has been captured by the Pakistani forces after he, according to Indian authorities, ‘inadvertently crossed the LoC.’ He replied, “There is a standard mechanism at the DGMO level, which has been activated.” He also said that the soldier had nothing to do with the surgical strike carried out by the special forces along the LoC.
When asked about the arrival of the first batch of French fighter aircraft Rafale, Parrikar said, “As per the deal the time is 36 months. But they may arrive a slightly earlier than that. We have requested them for early delivery.”
“Since the situation is tense right now, it will take some days to bring the soldier back,” the minister said.