Dismissing Arvind Kejriwal’s demand for proof over the surgical strikes by the Indian Army in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK), the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday asserted that India could never go to war with Pakistan with an anti-national character like the Delhi Chief Minister still in power.
Speaking to ANI here, BJP leader Subramanian Swamy said that India does not need to respond to Pakistan’s claims, as even if they are provided with evidence, Islamabad would take no action.
“We should not respond because Pakistan will never change. We gave them proof on Kasab and Hafiz Saeed. We also allowed them (Pakistan) to come to India for the Pathankot probe and still they did not do anything. So there is no point,” he said.
Coming down heavily on the Delhi Chief Minister, Swamy added, “We all know Kejriwal’s anti-national and Naxalite mind. Instead of worrying about securing Delhi, he is running around trying to churn issues.”
Talking about the possibility of war with the hostile neighbour, Swamy emphasised that the Center must take a call if it can take such a step while Kejriwal was still in power as Chief Minister.
“We should dismiss his government and have President Rule,” he added.
Making a point that the surgical strike by the Indian Armed Forces has been globally lauded, Swamy stated that certain sections of the international media have also welcomed and accepted the covert operation.
“Russia has welcomed our surgical strike and U.S. has said that we have done an excellent job on it. On 3rd October, even the Washington Post has given a lead article and China says that India and Pakistan must talk with each other,” Swamy said.
The BJP leader further called on Pakistan to clear all its doubts with Russia, with whom they just had a joint military exercise.
Meanwhile, criticising the opposition’s demand for proof of the surgical strikes across the LoC last month, the BJP has asserted that questioning the integrity of the armed forces will convey a signal that India is divided.
BJP leader Nalin Kohli said, “On the very first day, immediately after the surgical strikes, the Congress party and other political parties immediately complimented, congratulated the government, the armed forces for their bravery, valour displayed during the successful surgical strikes. Now, you can’t ask for proof.”
Earlier, the opposition had demanded that the government “call Pakistan’s bluff” and give evidence of the September 29 predawn strikes after several news reports in the international media cast doubt on the same.
The government has accused the opposition of attempting to lower the morale of the armed forces.
An nation-wide uproar was raised when Congress leader Sanjay Nirupam yesterday lashed out at the Centre, calling on it to provide proof for the operation as due to lack of its evidence, Pakistan was internationally shaming India.
In response, Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting M. Venkaiah Naidu said there was no need to respond to the irresponsible comments of Congress leaders.
“There is no need to respond such irresponsible comments and demands. Fortunately even the Congress party has realised its mistake and they have distanced themselves from the comments made by some of its leaders. The AAP also made it very clear. That being the case I don’t think any Indian citizen doubts the credentials of the commitment of our Indian Army,” Naidu said.
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Congress leader P.Chidambaram also drew flak from Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad for demanding proof of the surgical strike.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now