Expressing concern over cross-border shelling in Jammu and Kashmir, National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Saturday appealed India and Pakistan to take “effective measures” for restoration of peace along the borders in the state. “We appeal India and Pakistan leadership for taking effective and urgent measures for restoration of peace along the Line of Control and International Borders in Jammu and Kashmir,” the former chief minister said in a statement in Srinagar.
Watch What Else is Making News
He said the main brunt of the shelling is being faced by the border dwellers as escalation of tension has led to relocation of people from the forward areas that is causing enormous problems to them.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Abdullah expressed anguish over injuries to several persons in the border areas of Poonch district.
He prayed for early recovery of the injured and expressed solidarity with the people.
Abdullah also emphasised the need for providing adequate compensation to the farmers whose standing crops have been damaged due to shelling.