After completion of the identification process at Naisingpara, the largest relief camp in North Tripura district, Mizoram government officials have identified 29,964 people belonging to 4,896 families of Bru community, state home department officials said Wednesday.
Identification of bona fide residents of Mizoram was completed in five relief camps — Kaskau, Hamsapara, Khakchangpara, Asapara and Naisingpara — yesterday, the officials said.
There are total six relief camps. The identification process began on November 2 and was scheduled to be completed by November 21. However, it had to be extended till today as the identification process at Naisingpara took longer than expected.
Deputy commissioner of Mamit district in Mizoram bordering Tripura, Lalbiaksangi, said that the identification would be conducted at the last camp at Hazacherra today and the officials would make efforts to complete the process in a day and might continue to work till dusk in this camp housing more than 400 families.
While the physical repatriation from the six relief camp was scheduled to commence from November 30, the formal decision would be made in the meeting of the Joint Monitoring Group (JMG) to held in New Delhi on Thursday.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The meeting would be attended by senior officials of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Mizoram and Tripura state governments and representatives of the Bru refugees in the relief camps, the officials said.