Creating more jobs just got a notch higher on the Centre’s priority list. The government has decided that all ministries will now have to reflect the “Employment Generation Potential” of each proposal they put up before the Cabinet or a Cabinet committee for approval.
In a latest communication to all Government of India secretaries, Special Secretary (Cabinet) Jai P Prakash stated that all Cabinet notes will now have to “separately” and “clearly” reflect the “Employment Generation Potential” of each proposal.
“In view of the fact that employment generation in various sectors is vital for country’s socio-economic development, this aspect has to be an important criterion for any project/scheme appraisal,” stated the special secretary’s letter, adding that “it has, therefore, been decided that henceforth all the notes for Cabinet and its Committees should separately and clearly reflect the Employment Generation Potential of each proposal”.
Following this decision, all Cabinet notes will now have to indicate the employment generation potential of a proposal in the main body of the note in a separate paragraph after the paragraph on “Financial Implications” in the Draft Cabinet Note as well as the Final Cabinet Note.
The Cabinet Secretariat has sought strict compliance of this decision on an immediate basis. The government has also modified the handbook on preparation of notes for Cabinet/Cabinet committees accordingly to include this requirement.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016