A Chinese-made low-intensity hand grenade was set off today by some unidentified persons at Uripok Mayai Leikai in Imphal West district, police said. A senior police officer said the Chinese-made low intensity explosive went off in front of a new shop in the area around 5 am.
The blast did not cause any casualty or damages and could be related with monetary demands, the officer said.
The shop is owned by one Aribam Bimol (50) who also runs a jewellery outlet in the state capital.
Meanwhile, Manipur police commandos swung into action and arrested one suspect identified as 45-year-old Y Somorendro from his residence at Napet Palli area in Imphal East district, the officer said, adding his direct involvement in the incident is not yet confirmed.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More