President Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday said he feels he is a “Gujarati at heart”, though he may not speak the local language. Mukherjee, who is on a two-day visit to the state, said he has been a Rajya Sabha member from the state in the past.
“I am not new to Gujarat in the sense that I had the privilege … they (political leaders) helped me to get elected from Gujarat to Rajya Sabha for full six years… in that way I can claim to be a Gujarati but unfortunately I cannot speak (the language)….
“I am not claiming it, but still at heart I am a Gujarati,” he quipped after inaugurating the Sardar Patel multi-specialty and heart hospital here in Bharuch district.
Earlier, he also visited the renovated ‘Sevashram’ hospital in Bharuch and unveiled statues of Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
The President lauded “the two great sons of India and Gujarat” for not only ensuring the country’s independence but also placing strong foundation for its future.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He also praised the initiative of Congress MP Ahmed Patel for making the dream of the first super-specialty hospital in Bharuch come true as he called this work “noble”.