The AIADMK on Wednesday alleged that an “illiterate” DMK supremo M. Karunanidhi is desperate to rule Tamil Nadu and said the demand for an interim Chief Minister following incumbent Jayalalithaa’s deteriorating health condition exposes the vindictive approach of the self-centered opposition party.
“As far as DMK is concerned, DMK headed by Karunanidhi is always vindictive in its approach. It is a self-centered political party, a political party for his own family,” senior AIADMK leader Ponnaiyan said.
“Karunanidhi doesn’t know the law. Karunanidhi wants to rule Tamil Nadu or anything he wants to do, above law, without law, by breaking the law, which is his approach. Even if a judge gives a correct statement, if it goes against him, Karunanidhi won’t be hesitant to accuse, to scold and insinuate the judiciary to the maximum extent, unmindful of the consequences. He is illiterate, so he takes law into his hands,” he added.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Stating that the arrangements have been made according to Jayalalithaa’s wishes, Poonaiyan further said, “According to the Constitution of India, no acting Chief Minister can be appointed, no in-charge Chief Minister can be appointed. What is being arranged for our Chief Minister is followed subject to the prevailing situation in the state.”
After Raj Bhavan informed the media that the Chief Minister’s portfolios had been reallocated to Finance Minister O. Panneerselvam, Karunanidhi made a strong case for an interim arrangement in Tamil Nadu.
Karunanidhi said it was the wish of the people that either the Governor or the Centre should act immediately to explain the position of the government on major issues.
“Till the Chief Minister recovers and resumes her duties, an arrangement should be made to fulfill the essential needs of the people of the state,” he said.
Jayalalithaa has been hospitalised in Apollo hospital, Chennai since September 22. Since then, reports released by the hospital have said that she has been on respiratory support but recovering.
On Tuesday, Tamil Nadu Governor, C. Vidyasagar Rao allocated the portfolios dealt by the Chief Minister to Pannerselvam and also said that he will also preside over the Cabinet meetings. This arrangement has been made on the Chief Minister’s advice and will continue until she resumes her duties.