The Pune Customs department has seized seven ‘Precision Hawk—USA’ drone cameras worth Rs 1.2 crore at the Pune International Airport Friday.
According to K Shubhendra, deputy commissioner, Pune Customs, “These drones are imported from Canada illegally by Amit Takte, working at M/S Webnoise Private Limited, Bavdhan.” It adds that it is a case of violation of provisions of Customs Act, 1962 and also wireless, planning and telecommunication wing’s regulations.
Watch What Else is Making News
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Three illegally imported drones have also been sold to various companies by Vikran Kumar of M/S HeightsNext, Pune, across India. The relation between the two companies is being investigated. Each drone is equipped with high-end technology and is capable of completing surveillance of a large area in little time. The end use of the drones by the buyers from security angle is being investigated,” said officials.