Opposition National Conference (NC) working president Omar Abdullah on Thursday termed as “blatant partisan politics” the Centre’s decision to set up an IIM in Jammu region and hit out at Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti, saying she had sold her soul to remain in power.
“Jammu gets the IIT & gets the IIM also. Where have all those voices that called for balanced regional development in J-K disappeared?” the former J-K chief minister tweeted. He was reacting to the Union cabinet’s nod to establish an Indian Institute of Management (IIM) in Jammu region.
Earlier, an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) was also approved for the Jammu region. The decision to approve the IIM for Jammu is just blatant partisan politics of the kind we have come to expect from the BJP-PDP coalition, Omar said, adding no wonder so much of the state is restive today.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The NC leader said when Kashmir was awarded an All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Jammu agitated, successfully, for its right to be granted one as well.
“Why this partisanship now? And don’t tell me an ‘out campus’ is good enough, because if it was, the IIM would have been placed in Kashmir with the out campus in Jammu,” he said.
Omar also hit out at Mehbooba saying she had sold her soul to remain in power. “I realise that @MehboobaMufti has had to sell out her political agenda to remain in power but I didn’t realise she’s sold her soul also!!!” the NC working president said.