I can make tea, play drums, I can become Prime Minister: Azam Khan

"If I become Prime Minister, I assure you, I will deposit Rs 20 lakh in accounts of 130 crore people within six months," Azam Khan said.

By: PTI | Saharanpur | Updated: October 19, 2016 11:42 am
BJP, BSP, Azam Khan comments, Azam Khan Mayawati, Uttar Pradesh, India, India news UP Cabinet Minister Azam Khan. (Source: PTI)

He may be a strident critic of Narendra Modi but Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan says he shares many of his qualities like “making tea”, “dressing properly” and “playing drums” and is a “fit candidate” for prime minister.

WATCH VIDEO: Samajwadi Party Leader Azam Khan Lists Why He Is Fit To Become Prime Minister

“I have all the qualities of becoming Prime Minister. I can make tea, play the drum, cook food and I wear proper clothes. Besides, I am not all that bad looking or am I corrupt,” he said at an e-rickshaw distribution function here.

Khan took jibes at Modi for his “chaiwala” beginnings, his “monogrammed suit” and his drum playing episodes in Japan and Tanzania. “If I become Prime Minister, I assure you, I will deposit Rs 20 lakh in accounts of 130 crore people within six months. I am not like those who don’t keep their promises,” he said in an apparent dig at Modi over his poll promise of depositing Rs 15 lakh each in the account of every Indian.

“Nobody would have been poor if the money was deposited. People would not have to come here to take e-rickshaws to earn a livelihood but would have been ‘crore-patis’ (millionaires),” he said.

“A rikshaw puller always faces difficulty in getting his daughter married because the probable groom’s family rejects the proposal because of his social status and work,” he claimed.

The UP government is replacing cycle-rickshaws with e-rickshaws to give them the opportunity to earn better and regain their self-respect, he said. Taking further potshots at Modi, Khan said, “At a time when tension rages at the border and our poor are going hungry, he (Modi) sends ‘shawls’ to Pakistan and gets in return boxes of mangoes.

The king is happy so is Pakistan. He will take advantage of this in the 2017 polls (in UP).” Attacking the media, he said it was better to watch entertainment channels than news channels.

1. V
    VISWALINGAM
    Oct 19, 2016 at 5:16 am
    MR. AZAM KHAN,YOUR STATEMENTS ARE CHILDISH , AND CARRIES NO MEANING ,BUT ONLY NONSENSE AND COMPLETE JEALOUSY AGAINST PM MODI .YOU ARE ALMOST FOOLISH TO SAY ABOUT THE DRUMS PLAY AND TEA.. YOU ARE SO INDECENT AND IC THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU SPEAK. YOU ARE NOW TRYING TO PRAISE YOURSELF BECAUSE THERE IS NO ONE TO CARE FOR YOU . SO YOU ARE SATISFYING YOURSELF BY GIVING APPLAUSE. SELF PRAISE ! WHAT A SHAME ! ( ALL MYANMAR TAMIL HINDU FANS OF PM MODI )
    1. V
      VISWALINGAM
      Oct 19, 2016 at 5:16 am
      1. C
        Chandu Shah
        Oct 19, 2016 at 5:59 pm
        KUTTA ko PM banana hai salla ia. You are not fit to be a cleaner
        1. C
          Chander Pal
          Oct 19, 2016 at 5:26 am
          You can't cook. Meanwhile you are in a que. nitish, maya, jaya, mamta, Lalu ar already ahead of you. Oh forgot R G
          1. I
            IslamForFools
            Oct 19, 2016 at 3:20 am
            Adam khan is halal i ka baccccccha
            1. I
              IslamForFools
              Oct 19, 2016 at 3:21 am
              Adam khan tere ammi ke ch0000t me acid for producing you
              1. I
                IslamForFools
                Oct 19, 2016 at 3:20 am
                Azam khan your mother must b faked by 100 talibans and al quidas to produce you through her filthy halal ch0000t
                1. I
                  IslamForFools
                  Oct 19, 2016 at 3:49 am
                  Azam khan the islamicnkuran terrorist who wants Hindu genocide , he nurtured by mulla yam and azzzz akhilesh yadav