I can make tea, play drums, I can become Prime Minister: Azam Khan

"If I become Prime Minister, I assure you, I will deposit Rs 20 lakh in accounts of 130 crore people within six months," Azam Khan said.

By: PTI | Saharanpur | Updated: October 19, 2016 11:42 am
BJP, BSP, Azam Khan comments, Azam Khan Mayawati, Uttar Pradesh, India, India news UP Cabinet Minister Azam Khan. (Source: PTI)

He may be a strident critic of Narendra Modi but Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan says he shares many of his qualities like “making tea”, “dressing properly” and “playing drums” and is a “fit candidate” for prime minister.

WATCH VIDEO: Samajwadi Party Leader Azam Khan Lists Why He Is Fit To Become Prime Minister

“I have all the qualities of becoming Prime Minister. I can make tea, play the drum, cook food and I wear proper clothes. Besides, I am not all that bad looking or am I corrupt,” he said at an e-rickshaw distribution function here.

Khan took jibes at Modi for his “chaiwala” beginnings, his “monogrammed suit” and his drum playing episodes in Japan and Tanzania. “If I become Prime Minister, I assure you, I will deposit Rs 20 lakh in accounts of 130 crore people within six months. I am not like those who don’t keep their promises,” he said in an apparent dig at Modi over his poll promise of depositing Rs 15 lakh each in the account of every Indian.

“Nobody would have been poor if the money was deposited. People would not have to come here to take e-rickshaws to earn a livelihood but would have been ‘crore-patis’ (millionaires),” he said.

“A rikshaw puller always faces difficulty in getting his daughter married because the probable groom’s family rejects the proposal because of his social status and work,” he claimed.

The UP government is replacing cycle-rickshaws with e-rickshaws to give them the opportunity to earn better and regain their self-respect, he said. Taking further potshots at Modi, Khan said, “At a time when tension rages at the border and our poor are going hungry, he (Modi) sends ‘shawls’ to Pakistan and gets in return boxes of mangoes.

The king is happy so is Pakistan. He will take advantage of this in the 2017 polls (in UP).” Attacking the media, he said it was better to watch entertainment channels than news channels.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now

1. V
    VISWALINGAM
    Oct 19, 2016 at 5:16 am
    MR. AZAM KHAN,YOUR STATEMENTS ARE CHILDISH , AND CARRIES NO MEANING ,BUT ONLY NONSENSE AND COMPLETE JEALOUSY AGAINST PM MODI .YOU ARE ALMOST FOOLISH TO SAY ABOUT THE DRUMS PLAY AND TEA.. YOU ARE SO INDECENT AND IC THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU SPEAK. YOU ARE NOW TRYING TO PRAISE YOURSELF BECAUSE THERE IS NO ONE TO CARE FOR YOU . SO YOU ARE SATISFYING YOURSELF BY GIVING APPLAUSE. SELF PRAISE ! WHAT A SHAME ! ( ALL MYANMAR TAMIL HINDU FANS OF PM MODI )
    1. V
      VISWALINGAM
      Oct 19, 2016 at 5:16 am
      1. C
        Chandu Shah
        Oct 19, 2016 at 5:59 pm
        KUTTA ko PM banana hai salla ia. You are not fit to be a cleaner
        1. C
          Chander Pal
          Oct 19, 2016 at 5:26 am
          You can't cook. Meanwhile you are in a que. nitish, maya, jaya, mamta, Lalu ar already ahead of you. Oh forgot R G
          1. I
            IslamForFools
            Oct 19, 2016 at 3:20 am
            Adam khan is halal i ka baccccccha
            1. I
              IslamForFools
              Oct 19, 2016 at 3:21 am
              Adam khan tere ammi ke ch0000t me acid for producing you
              1. I
                IslamForFools
                Oct 19, 2016 at 3:20 am
                Azam khan your mother must b faked by 100 talibans and al quidas to produce you through her filthy halal ch0000t
                1. I
                  IslamForFools
                  Oct 19, 2016 at 3:49 am
                  Azam khan the islamicnkuran terrorist who wants Hindu genocide , he nurtured by mulla yam and azzzz akhilesh yadav
                  1. I
                    IslamForFools
                    Oct 19, 2016 at 3:41 am
                    Pour that hot tea in ur Ammis v*gina as punishment for producing terrorist kuran Jjihadi like you
                    1. I
                      IslamForFools
                      Oct 19, 2016 at 3:18 am
                      Tere mohemmed k ma ki ch0000t Islam k ma ki ch00000t tere alla k ma ki ch00000t . Bulla tere alla k mu me,
                        Sivaramakrishnan
                        Oct 19, 2016 at 11:00 am
                        Mr. Azam Khan, you are very right. Any one can become a PM or a CM or an MP or an MLA or a Councilor. lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;For you to become a PM, as long as you are part of SP this will never happen as Mr. Mulayam will never allow other than his family member to be either CM or PM.lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;So you better quit SP and start your own party and if your party wins a majority in the next Lok Sabha election only then you can become PM.lt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;Nothing wrong in dreaming!!! But please also do some good to the people... at least be of some help to the thousands of poor Muslims in your consuency who you traded in the name of Islam to become an MP, else Allah will never forgive you.
                        1. H
                          Harry Achari
                          Oct 19, 2016 at 3:27 pm
                          Better do that than looting your w life
                          1. H
                            Harry Achari
                            Oct 19, 2016 at 3:31 pm
                            New party should be ' BDP' ( Bharat Donkey Party)
                            1. V
                              Vk
                              Oct 19, 2016 at 4:20 am
                              Dog can't be a lion saying that it have 4 legs n tail.... If AK is capable then why to compare himself with Modi.. UP mei nahi jeet payega banda tho India kaise jeetega.UP ka bahar inko koi jaanthabhi nahi hye
                                Kashif
                                Oct 19, 2016 at 6:12 am
                                Ise to galti se PM may banaa denalt;br/gt;6 mahine me 20 lakh to dht dur ki baat hailt;br/gt;10 din k andar bina notice k tumhare ghar pe kabza kr tum log ko road pe lakar khada krdega ye mardood insanlt;br/gt;lt;br/gt;Sanki h ye dimaag se bachpan me iske pagal ne kata tha asar ab ho rha h uska
                                  MyTake
                                  Oct 19, 2016 at 9:37 am
                                  People already getting the benefit more than 15 Lakh if you care to look around! This will keep multiplying over the coming years. This is without taking into account the stolen money which is yet to be recovered.lt;br/gt;Have you got your buffalos back?
                                    Saurabh
                                    Oct 19, 2016 at 4:04 am
                                    Why this dog is barking now..?
                                      Pure Mind
                                      Oct 19, 2016 at 5:21 am
                                      Abe Azam Khan - tu bahut short hai pahilese - aur fir se kata hai niche. lt;br/gt;Tu kya karega. lt;br/gt;Wipe your Brown Nose!
                                        SubbuI
                                        Oct 19, 2016 at 7:32 am
                                        I AM VERY ENTHUSIASTIC MAN. I HAVE MORE BEARD AND MY CHEST MEASURES 58 INCH THAT IS THREE INCH MORE THAN NALAYAK NMODIlt;br/gt;MY ENGLISH SPEAKING THOUGH NOT AS GOOD AS NNMODI, I CAN SPEAK TULU BETTER THAN HIM..I CAN CHANGE MY DRESS 8 TIMES A DAY EVEN IN WINTER UNLIKE NALAYAK MODI WHO DOES ONLY 5 TIMES.I CAN STICH A HOLOGRAM SUIT WHICH WILL LOOK ASTONIHLY BETTER THAN HIS MONOGRAMMED SUITlt;br/gt;NOW YOU TELL ME SUBBU WILL BE MUCH MORE BETTER THAN ANY ONR EVEN MORE FOOLISHER THAN NALAYAK NMODI.PLEASE ELECT ME. I AM GOIIG TO START A NEW PATRY NAMED BHARATIYA SATYANAAZ PARTY AND GOING TO CONTEST IN ALL LOKSABHA SEATS AND OUR PATRY SYMBOL WILL BE SELECTED BY ARNAB GOWAMI.
                                          SubbuI
                                          Oct 19, 2016 at 7:07 am
                                          PLEASE. CONSIDER THESE POINTS. I CAN ABUSE RAHUL AND ROBRT VADERA MUCH MORE THAN NALAYAK MODI. I CAN THROW AT HIS FACE IF SOME BODY ASK ME TO WEAR A SKULL CAP. NOT JUST POLITELY REFUSE TO WEAR LIKE WHAT NALAYAK NMODI DIDlt;br/gt;SO SUBBU WILL BE ABETTER PM FOR SECULAR INDIA
                                            SubbuI
                                            Oct 19, 2016 at 8:06 am
                                            SUBBU HERE. I THINK BAKTHS AND PAID TROLLS ARE NOT FULLY SATISFIED WITH MY ABILITY. I CAN TELL ONE MORE. HOW ABOUT THIS. lt;br/gt;I CAN MAKE COFFEE FOR OBAMA WHEN NEXT PRESEDENT OF USA VISITS HERE UNLIKE NALAYAK NMODI WHO ONLY MADE TEA.WHY ONLY COFFEE I CAN MAKE SQUEEZE SUGAR CANE JUICE TOO FOR HINDU LOVER DONALD TRUMP, ( RAM MADAV WHO IS IN USA CANVING FOR TRUMP HAS TOLD CNN THAT ALL HINDUS IN US WILL VOTE FOR HIM AND TRUMP WILL WIN)lt;br/gt;NOW ATLEAST I AM MORE HOPE FULL THAT BAKTHS WILL NOT ABUSE M