A youth, claiming to be an employee of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams, was arrested here today for allegedly cheating several persons to the tune of Rs 28 lakh under the pretext of providing them jobs in the trust which manages famous Tirumala temple in Andhra Pradesh.
Sleuths of Special Operation Team arrested Y Rambhoopal Reddy from his hideout at Sagar Ring Road here and during the course of interrogation found that the accused claimed himself to be a TTD employee.
“Reddy posed as a TTD employee and lured the public by stating that there are openings for different posts in TTD and made them deposit amounts in different bank accounts provided by him and would withdraw the same,” a release from Rachakonda Police Commissionerate stated. According to police, Reddy used to fly to Goa where he spent in casinos.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“Whenever the accused used to get money, he used to go to Goa by flight and spend lavish life by going to casinos. He cheated many people through this modus operandi from Karimnagar in Telangana and Rayachoti, Proddutoor, Kurnool and Anantapur in Andhra Pradesh besides in Hyderabad,” the release added.