A young married woman allegedly committed suicide today at her rented house here after blaming her house owner and his wife of harassing and trying to manhandle her, police said. Sujatha, in her late 20s, was found hanging to the ceiling fan by her husband Rama Krishna this morning at their home in Kukatpally area. She had purportedly written on the room’s wall and door that the house owner was responsible for her death, police inspector K Purushotham said.
The police inspector, who visited the scene, based on preliminary investigation said Rama Krishna and Sujatha had been staying on the first-floor of the building since past two-and-half years while the house owner Prasanna Kumar and his wife Snehalatha were staying on the ground floor.
“Through the writing on the wall and the door of the room, the deceased alleged that Prasanna Kumar and Snehalatha threatened her and attempted to manhandle her in the absence of her husband claiming that her children created some noise yesterday,” the police officer said.
Before resorting to the extreme step, the woman last night called up her husband, who was out of station, and informed him about the alleged misbehaviour caused by their house owner following which she felt “hurt” and unable to bear the “insult” she hanged herself, he said based on a complaint.
Following the complaint lodged by Rama Krishna, police registered a case under IPC section 306 (abetment of suicide) and were in the process of questioning the house owner and his wife.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The woman got married to Rama Krishna around four-and-half years ago and they have two children, police said adding that further probe is on.