A class X student studying in Hyderabad suffered serious head injuries and had to undergo surgery on Wednesday, after he was allegedly beaten by his teacher, according to a Deccan Chronicle report.
According to the report, the teacher of Rajadhani School, Papi Reddy Nagar near Jagathgirigutta, allegedly assaulted him using a wooden duster for not attending classes. Suresh Kumar, 14, collapsed outside the office room after the abuse and was rushed to a hospital where he had to undergo surgery to remove a blood clot inside his head.
“The condition of the boy is stable and he is undergoing treatment in Narayana Hrudyalaya hospital. We have a registered an FIR in the case,” Jagadgirigutta Police Station Inspector P Srinivas said on Thursday.
District education officer, Usharani, asked MEO for an inquiry in the case. The report will come in the evening.
However, the school officials denied the allegations and said that the teacher did not assault him but only scolded the student. They further said that he already had a clot in his brain that got aggravated after the incident. Jagadhigirigutta Police has booked a case against the teacher, Rama Devi, following a complaint by the student’s father.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Suresh had not attended school for a few weeks and his teachers had called his mother. When she came, the teacher called him into the office and allegedly hit him, according to his parents. Inspector P Srinivas said, “We came to know that the teacher slapped the boy. However, we are not yet sure whether the clot is due to that. We are inquiring if the boy had a previous problems.”