A mother and her 5-year-old child are battling for their lives after being hit by a car in which four youths, including the driver, were allegedly drinking while on their way from Nalgonda highway towards Peda Amberpet within the Cyberabad police limits.
At Peda Amberpet junction, K Sridevi (32) and her daughter, Sanjana (5), were waiting near a bus stop when the driver lost control and crashed into them Sunday night. The duo were waiting for Sridevi’s brother to pick them up from the bus stop to visit her mother in Peda Amberpet.
Watch what else is making news:
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Witnesses told police that at around 8.30 pm, a Santro car hit the woman, her child and another person waiting at the bus stop. The four occupants abandoned the car and ran away even as people rushed to help the mother and the child. Later, Hayathnagar police identified the driver as Venkata Ramana, a software engineer working at a firm in Madhapur area. He was arrested Monday afternoon, but, according to police, he denied being drunk at the time of the incident.
“We searched all night but could not trace them. This morning we found Venkata Ramana but the breath analyser did not reveal anything, so proving that he was drunk is a little difficult. He has been sent for medical tests, though. He has offered to bear all the medical expenses of the woman and the child,’’ Inspector Narendra Goud said.
The police said that the 5-year-old is in coma at Kamineni Hospital, where doctors have said she is in an extremely critical condition with multiple fractures. Her mother is on ventilator support at another hospital, they added.