A day after a man was injured in an explosion at Ibrahimpatnam on the outskirts of the city, two persons including a woman were injured in another minor explosion on Sunday in the same area, police said. “The incident occurred around 2.50 pm after a man stepped on some explosive material lying underground,” Police Commissioner (Rachakonda) Mahesh M Bhagwat told PTI.
Forensic experts and Bomb Disposal Squad reached the spot and a investigation is underway, he said.
The explosive material could be gelatin, buried in the mud, Bhagwat. Local people use gelatin sticks to carry out blasts to scare away wild boars.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Watch What Else Is Making News
Last evening, a person was injured in the same area when some kerosene stored in a box kept near a pushcart-eatery exploded.
The senior police officials who visited the scene said it was a small explosion.
Panic gripped the area after the successive explosions.