Police on Wednesday sent five minor boys for counselling after they allegedly burnt three stray puppies alive at Musheerabad in Hyderabad Wednesday.
The incident came to light Tuesday when a video of the act, recorded by the boys themselves, went viral on social media. From the video it appears that the boys played with the puppies for sometime and then started the fire using leaves and garbage. Then they dragged the three puppies by their tails and hurled them into the fire. The cries of the puppies could be heard in the video which was uploaded on Facebook.
The purported video showed the boys pushing the puppies back into the fire when they tried to crawl out.
- Student claims hit by semen-filled balloon: LSR says no harassment under garb of Holi
- Viral Video: Here’s why Guntur doctors were forced to operate using mobile phone torch light
- VIDEO: For the love of toys, 4-year-old jumped into arcade machine but got stuck
- Man sent to police custody for killing Muslim labourer in Rajasthan
- PCA Act: Pay a fine of Rs 10-50; get away with beating, kicking, over-riding, torturing any animal
- Hyderabad: Five minor boys burn 3 puppies alive, record video
“One of the perpetrators recorded the entire incident and is heard instructing and instigating the others to set them on fire. The recordings were recovered from a fish stall owner in Musheerabad,” Shreya Paropkari, an animal rights activist, said in a police complaint filed Tuesday.
Following the complaint, a case was filed under IPC Section 429 (mischief by killing or maiming cattle, etc,) and relevant sections of Prevention of Cruelty to Animal Act, police said.
“We got a report of the incident on Tuesday after which I filed a police complaint,” Shreya, who works as cruelty response manager with the Humane Society International, told PTI.
An official said that the five were minors and have been sent for counselling.
With PTI inputs