Twelve minors escaped from a juvenile home at Nagole here after allegedly pushing a watchman and injuring him, police said Thursday.
The incident occurred at around midnight Wednesday when the inmates, aged between 15 and 17, managed to break the main door (grill) lock of the juvenile home run by an NGO.
When the watchman tried to stop them, they pushed him aside and ran away, L B Nagar Police Inspector P Kasi Reddy told PTI.
“The watchman, who is an old man, suffered minor injuries during the incident,” Reddy said.
Following a complaint, a case under IPC sections 224 (resistance or obstruction by a person to his lawful apprehension) and 324 (voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means) was registered, police said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Further probe is on into the incident.