Hardline Hurriyat Conference leader and prominent Shia cleric Aga Syed Hassan was Friday put under house arrest, shortly after his return from New Delhi, where he met the Pakistan High Commissioner and discussed the situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
“Syed Hassan was detained at his Budgam residence (in central Kashmir) soon after his return from Delhi,” a spokesman of his Anjuman-e-Sharie Shian, a constituent of hardline Hurriyat Conference, said in a statement here.
He said the Hurriyat leader had gone to the national capital for a medical checkup on the advise of his doctors as his continuous detention had badly affected his health.
“The state administration had allowed Aga (Syed Hassan) to go to Delhi where he also met Pakistan High Commissioner Abdul Basit on Tuesday,” the spokesman said.
“Hassan discussed the ongoing resistance (unrest) movement in the Valley and the aggressive revenge adventure for breaking the determination and courage of Kashmiri people,” he added.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest