In an innovative way to fight caste discrimination in schools, Himachal Pradesh government has decided to serve mid-day meals as per the roll number of students.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Tuesday directed the government officials to circulate the instructions immediately and said if anyone was found violating the instructions, action in accordance with the law should be taken against them.
The chief minister also assured a probe into complaints of caste-based discrimination, submitted by some members of Koli and Ravidas communities during a meeting of the HP Koli Welfare Board and HP Sant Ravidass Kalyan Board in Shimla on Tuesday.
“Some cases have been brought to my notice by Dalit leaders pertaining to students of scheduled caste communities in serving of mid-day-meal in some schools and also ‘Anganwadi Kendras’. I have directed the authorities to re-circulate the orders to all the schools and ‘Anganwadi Kendras’ and ensure that such practices are stopped immediately. Action will be taken if any fresh report is received,” he said.
He said the state government was implementing ‘Protection of Civil Rights’ and ‘Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes Protection of Atrocities Act’ in an effective manner and no person will be allowed to violate these acts or discriminate with the people belonging to the SC community.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More