In an innovative way to fight caste discrimination in schools, Himachal Pradesh government has decided to serve mid-day meals as per the roll number of students.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Tuesday directed the government officials to circulate the instructions immediately and said if anyone was found violating the instructions, action in accordance with the law should be taken against them.
The chief minister also assured a probe into complaints of caste-based discrimination, submitted by some members of Koli and Ravidas communities during a meeting of the HP Koli Welfare Board and HP Sant Ravidass Kalyan Board in Shimla on Tuesday.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“Some cases have been brought to my notice by Dalit leaders pertaining to students of scheduled caste communities in serving of mid-day-meal in some schools and also ‘Anganwadi Kendras’. I have directed the authorities to re-circulate the orders to all the schools and ‘Anganwadi Kendras’ and ensure that such practices are stopped immediately. Action will be taken if any fresh report is received,” he said.
He said the state government was implementing ‘Protection of Civil Rights’ and ‘Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes Protection of Atrocities Act’ in an effective manner and no person will be allowed to violate these acts or discriminate with the people belonging to the SC community.