All the three accused, who allegedly tried to rape a young woman in Howrah district of West Bengal Sunday evening, will on Monday be produced before the court.
The woman had last evening jumped from the second floor of a building in Howrah, after three men, including her boyfriend, allegedly tried to rape her. She survived the jump and was immediately hospitalised.
The three accused namely Nonto Bose, Samir Nayak and Chotan have been booked with charges of molestation.
- Third accused in Faridabad rape case arrested
- Another rape in Haryana, 3-yr-old raped by minor boy in Hisar
- Three sadhvis ‘raped’ at Nawada ashram, five booked
- Triple talaq petitioner Ishrat Jahan joins BJP
- Widow raped by four men in Raipur; all accused arrested
- Girl jumps from second floor to escape rape in West Bengal
The incident happened when the woman, who is a resident of Liluah in Howrah, went to her boyfriend’s place who told her that his sister wanted to meet her.
She was then allegedly forced to consume a spiked drink, following which the three men allegedly assaulted her.
It is reported that in her drugged state, she gathered her remaining senses and in an effort to escape the assaulter, jumped off the building.