At least 30 people were killed and dozens others were injured during Holi celebrations in Uttar Pradesh in the past two days.
Violent incidents were reported from across the state as the police failed to avert the sudden firings, clashes between groups and drunken driving.
As many as 19 people were killed in Lucknow alone in group clashes, road accidents because of drunken driving.
- 7 killed in accidents, 16 hurt in clashes on Holi in UP
- Happy Holi 2018: UP Police’s stand against hooliganism with this Lathmar Holi reference is on point
- Google Doodle celebrates Holi 2018 with a colourful sketch of dhols and pichkaaris
- Delhi police beefs up security ahead of Holi, deploys special teams with alcometers
- Kasganj violence: 49 arrested, Section 144 still in force
- 10 killed in separate mishaps on Holi
Two people also died in group clashes in Madiaon and Gosaiganj areas, while over 40 people were injured in accidents and clashes.
Police use fire station vehicle to celebrate Holi
— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) March 25, 2016
At least 10 Uttar Pradesh policemen in Moradabad were seen driving around in a fire station vehicle on Holi day. Few policemen were seen using the vehicle’s hose to spray water at Holi revelers on the streets.