Himachal Police on Sunday seized Rs 24.64 lakh in the denomination of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes, which has been demonetised by the government, from two SUVs at Banikhet toll tax barrier here, a senior police official said. Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Dalhousie, Sagar Chander Sharma said that during a ‘naka’ (checkpost) set up by the police at Banikhet Toll tax barrier on the Chamba-Pathankot national highway, a sum of Rs 21.79 lakh was found in a Duster SUV.
Mixed currency notes of Rs 1000 and Rs 500 denomination were seized from the vehicle bearing a Chamba number.
In another Duster SUV, bearing registration number of Amritsar, Rs 2.85 lakh was recovered, the DSP said, adding these currency notes were in denomination of Rs 500.
The DSP said these currency notes were being handed over to the Income Tax department officials for further investigation.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn