All those travelling by Volvo vehicles and AC buses of Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) can now avail a discount of 10-20 per cent in their fares starting today.
State Transport Minister G S Bali said in order to avail the discount, the passengers need to get ‘smart cards’ available in select bus stands like Dharamshala, Shimla and Manali.
Watch what else is making news
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The benefit was earlier reserved for non-AC buses run by HRTC.
“Persons below the age of 60 years shall get concession of 10 per cent while those above it shall get a concession of 20 per cent on showing smart cards to conductors,” Bali said.
The minister added that 16 more luxury buses have been added on the routes of Manali-Jaipur, Shimla-Katra-Dharamshala-Delhi and Shimla-Hardwar.
He said the imported buses shall be delivered to HRTC soon.
“These buses have been equipped with GPS, CCTV and passengers information system and the government is trying to connect all the pilgrimage and historic places of the state with major towns by luxury bus services,” Bali added. PTI CORR