PUTTING ALL speculation at rest, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Thursday confirmed that his son Vikramaditya Singh, the Youth Congress president in Himachal Pradesh, would contest the next Assembly polls, slated for 2017. In Dharamshala, the CM said, “Vikaramaditya Singh is going to fight the next polls. He will be contesting one of the constituencies in Shimla district.”
Incidentally, Vikramaditya Singh, 27, who was invited to a government function of the HP Kaushal Vikas Nigam (HPKVN) by its officials today, also declared that he was ready to contest the Assembly polls from any constituency in his home district of Shimla.
Till now, the CM had been maintaining that his son would decide on entering the electoral fray at an appropriate time as he still had some lessons left in politics. The YC president has been travelling extensively with the CM for the past few months and also sharing the dais with his father, besides making frequent visits to the chief minister’s office.
There are strong chances of Vikramaditya Singh contesting from Theog, ay constituency currently represented by IPH Minister Vidya Stokes, 89. The number two in the Cabinet, Stokes though is firmly entrenched in the area and seems in no mood to give up. But sources hinted that Stokes may pass on the mantle to Vikramaditya Singh even as there are a few aspirants like Kehar Singh Khachi, Shimla (Rural) president and a youth leader.
Virbhadra Singh, who had shifted from his earlier constituency of Rohru had won from Shimla (Rural). Some Congress leaders, too, also do not rule out Vikramaditya Singh moving to Chopal in case Stokes refuses to step aside.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More