At least 14 people, including six women and two children, were killed and 40 injured when a private bus skidded off the road and rolled into a deep gorge near Chaura dam in Dalhousie area of Himachal Pradesh’s Chamba district Friday .
Sources said the bus was on its way from Sangani to Dalhousie when the accident happened.
- Himachal bus accident: 24 hours on, probe yet to ascertain cause of accident
- Himachal Pradesh: 23 kids killed as bus falls into gorge, one lives to crawl back up, sound alert
- Himachal Pradesh: 27 school children killed as school bus falls into gorge in Kangra; CM announces compensation
- One killed, 15 injured in road mishap at Bareilly-Agra national highway
- Uttarakhand: 13 killed, 12 injured as bus falls into gorge in Almora
- Six killed, 25 injured after mini-bus plunges into gorge in J-K
Survivors told police that the driver was talking on his cellphone while driving when the accident happened. The driver too died. There were more than 50 passengers in the 48-seater bus. “Seven persons died on the spot, while the others succumbed to their injuries later,” said Ajay Prashar, sub-divisional magistrate, Shalooni. ens