Haryana: Health Minister Anil Vij stays transfer orders of 475 doctors

Anil Vij said, “I have asked them to stay the transfers as of now because I got to know that there were mistakes in the data."

Written by Hina Rohtaki & Adil Akhzer | Chandigarh | Published:September 11, 2016 6:17 am

Haryana Health Minister Anil Vij has put on hold the transfer orders of 475 doctors that were issued Friday under the online transfer policy of the government for the first time. It was done after the Minister got to know that there were discrepancies in the data uploaded online. A message was sent to all the Chief Medical Officers (CMOs) across the state not to relieve any doctor of duty till further orders.

Vij said, “I have asked them to stay the transfers as of now because I got to know that there were mistakes in the data. One of the discrepancies was that the data of a couple of cases was not even mentioned which has to be considered before ordering the postings.”

Vij said a four-member committee from the Office of Director General Health Services had been constituted to look into the matter. “I want the entire data to be verified manually so the committee will look into the same. When a process is adopted for the first time, teething problems do occur,” added Vij.

Sources said several objections from the medical officers and senior medical officers had reached the Director-General Health Services Kamla Singh, minutes after the orders were issued .

The move to put the transfers on hold a day before 800 doctors of the state are set to meet at Karnal to decide the next course of action against the government’s policies on HCMS doctors, seems to be have been made under pressure.

“There were shortcomings in the entire transfer issue. They will have to review it. They did not even consider the couple cases and it is not done. We have our general body meeting tomorrow and we will decide our future course of action,” said Dr Jasbir Singh, president of the Haryana Civil Medical Services (HCMS) association Dr Jasbir Singh.

Not only were women doctors transferred to far-flung places without considering the postings of their husbands in some cases; transfers of those medical officers who had not even completed two years of stay were also issued. The policy suggested that the doctors can be transferred only after they complete three years of their posting.

Online transfer and posting orders of 42 senior medical officers and 433 medical officers were issued on Friday for the first time under the rationalisation policy. The health department was working on the software since months so that the transfer process is carried out online and files may not move manually as doctors would come with recommendations of Ministers and other officers to be posted at desired locations. Recently, the state education department had also carried out online transfers of teachers.

Meanwhile, doctors in Haryana have decided to go on a day-long protest in Karnal Sunday. Dr Jasbir Singh said over 800 doctors would gather at Karnal on Sunday to discuss further course of action.

Reacting to Anil Vij’s order to stay the transfers, Singh said.”There were several problems in the transfer list issued by the government, They even transferred those who have retired and also those doctors who are doing their PG studies.” “Rules were not followed by the government while transferring the doctors,” he said.

Anil Vij’s decision Saturday will not impact the transfer orders of Dr R S Chauhan, Senior Medical Officer, as he has been shifted to Mewat on deputation and this does not come under the online transfer policy. Chauhan was posted at MLA hostel dispensary and was shifted as he failed to attend to Haryana Education Minister Ram Bilas Sharma and instead sent a nurse who advised ‘wrong treatment’ to the minister.