RESPONDING TO a petition filed by former Haryana Public Service Commission (HPSC) member Narender Singh Vidyalankar, the Punjab and Haryana High Court has sought details from the Haryana Chief Secretary of all the offices where serving or retired bureaucrats have been appointed with their status equivalent to the constitutional bodies.
A division bench, comprising justices Surya Kant and Sudip Ahluwalia, said, “We direct the Chief Secretary, Haryana, to file additional affidavit giving details of all those public offices created under different statutes/notifications/in exercise of administrative powers, namely, other than the constitutional offices, where retired/serving bureaucrats have been appointed conferring perks, powers, rank and status equivalent to the constitutional offices.”
Vidyalankar had remained as member of HPSC from June 1998 to June 2004. He has moved the HC challenging HPSC (Conditions of Service) Amendment Regulations, 2014, to the extent that no dearness allowance shall be admissible on pension.
The petitioner has sought directions to the HPSC to pay him the admissible dearness allowance on pension as is being paid to members of other commissions in Haryana. Vidyalankar’s counsel has told the court that though he is getting hardly Rs 5,000 as pension, various commissions and boards of the Haryana government are being headed by either serving or retired bureaucrats enjoying perks and status equivalent to that of chief secretary or Supreme Court judge. He has sought the arrears of dearness allowance along with 12 per cent interest till the realisation of the entire amount. The case will be heard on December 1.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched