Ahead of an inspection by Medical Council of India (MCI) at the state’s first government medical college for girls in Sonepat, the Haryana government has transferred 15 Haryana Civil Medical Service doctors on deputation who will be shown as part of the college faculty, which the Additional Chief Secretary (health) has acknowledged as a violation of the rules in his own orders.
ACS (health) Rajan Gupta wrote on the transfer orders that it was a “violation” and that this was the “the last time” he would do this.
Fifteen doctors, including two Senior Medical Officers and 13 Medical Officers from across Rohtak, Jhajjar, Sonepat, Panipat, Bhiwani and Yamunanagar have been sent on deputation for two months at Bhagat Phool Singh Government Medical College for Women, Khanpur Kalan, Sonepat. This college, started in 2012, was the first medical college for girls of Haryana.
“It is intimated that bridging the deficiency in the faculty by posting HCMS doctors is violation of the MCI guidelines. Above doctors are being deputed for the last time,” Gupta wrote in his orders while transferring 15 doctors.
“It is requested to recruit faculty expeditiously,” he wrote on the order. Health Minister Anil Vij said he was not aware of the order. When contacted by The Indian Express, the ACS (health) said, “I have directed the department that they better get regular recruitments done and this is the last time these doctors are being transferred.”
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Asked if it was done for the annual inspection by MCI, he said, “These doctors have been posted temporarily in the faculty so that it is of help as I have been told that the MCI team is coming.”
A senior officer of the Health Department said, “If MCI finds there is no senior staff in the faculty, they will de-recognize the college. So there was no option but to show these doctors there in the faculty. At least we are making efforts to keep this college alive.”
With the inspection coming up anytime in December, BPS Medical College advertised only two days ago in a local newspaper seeking applications for the post of 11 professors, 18 associate professors, 19 assistant professors, 45 senior residents and 20 tutors.
There are a 400 students in the college. The first batch of students will graduate in December.
ACS (Medical Education and Research) Dhanpat Singh said, “I have not read the orders, but yes, we asked for some doctors from the Health Department. There is nothing illegal about it. There is shortage of doctors across the country.”