Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Friday announced to make Gharaunda a sub-division, besides announcing development projects to the tune of about Rs 175 crore for the region. The announcement was made at a public meeting at Gharaunda in Karnal district, said an official release. Khattar said a proposal to build an NCC academy at Araipura, at a cost of Rs 57 crore, was submitted to the Centre and the construction work would commence soon after it was approved.
He also announced to establish an industrial training institute, a tennis academy, grounds for kabaddi and hockey and an auditorium in the government school at Gharaunda. Besides, he announced to open a boxing academy at Bastara, a government school at Sheikhupura and bus stands at Gharaunda and Bastara. The chief minister said the Public Works (Building and Roads) Department rest house at Gharaunda would be renovated at a cost of Rs six crore and a modern community centre would come up at Kambopura at a cost of Rs four crore.
He said development works worth about Rs 100 crore were carried out at Gharaunda in the last two years, adding that from November 1 onwards, 19 unauthorised colonies in the region would be authorised. Khattar said during the first two years of its tenure, the state government had worked towards reforming the system and defining the direction of development works.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
In its third year, it would focus on generating employment opportunities for the youth and would soon provide employment to 50,000 of them, he added. A number of courses were introduced at Vishwakarma Skill Development University, Palwal and skill development centres were being opened in villages under the ‘Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana’ to impart training to the less-educated youth in order to make them self-reliant.