Congress Legislature Party leader in Haryana, Kiran Choudhary, Saturday lashed out at the BJP-led government at the Centre saying it unfortunate that an ex-servicemen had to take to the streets to seek their rights.
Addressing a press conference here, Choudhary condemned the incident in Delhi Congress leaders and the family of ex-serviceman Ramkishan Grewal were detained by the police. Grewal had consumed poison in Delhi while demanding One Rank One Pension (OROP) implementation. During the protests that followed, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi and other senior leaders were detained by the police.
Choudhary said, “I have never seen this kind of dictatorship. I was pushed, manhandled and taken into custody. In a democracy, this is unheard of. Which side is the country headed? Every voice of dissent is being stifled. Dissemination of falsehood was adding insult to injury. Gen V K Singh raised questions about Grewal’s mental state.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The CLP leader said the government should give martyr’s status to Grewal. She said she had raised the issue in the Haryana Vidhan Sabha session on Friday, but the state government turned it down.