A day after Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar was quoted as saying that he was open to relax the beef ban for foreigners in the state, his OSD on Sunday said Khattar had said any such move can be possible only if there’s a provision in the cow protection Act, passed by the Assembly last year.
“There is a ban on liquor in Gujarat, but there is a special permission under which foreigners can consume alcohol. Likewise, the CM was asked whether there would be any special permission under which foreigners could eat beef in the state, to which he replied that people of Haryana do not eat beef and are against cow slaughter. But, he said, if there was any provision in the Act, it was possible; otherwise it wasn’t,” Jawahar Yadav, OSD to the CM, told ANI. He added that as per his knowledge, there was no such provision in the Act.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- No decision on allowing foreigners to eat beef in Haryana, says Manohar Lal Khattar
- Don’t come to Haryana if you can’t live without beef, says Anil Vij
- Haryana CM Khattar backs Vij's beef remark
- No plan to issue beef licences to foreigners: Haryana CM
- Consume beef to increase iron intake: Haryana govt magazine
- AUDIO: Muslims can live in this country, but will have to give up eating beef, says Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
Despite repeated attempts, Khattar was not available for a comment.
“At least I am not aware of any such move (to relax the ban). Any relaxation, if proposed, has to be given under special provisions and in accordance with the law,” Industries Minister Capt Abhimanyu told The Indian Express.
Randeep Surjewala, a former minister and incumbent Congress MLA from Kaithal, said: “We follow the same legislation as Punjab, and this (cow slaughter) was banned in Punjab in the 1950s. The Haryana Assembly only enacted a separate law. In case the CM intends to (grant any relaxation), he will have to go to the Assembly and seek amendments.”