A day after Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar was quoted as saying that he was open to relax the beef ban for foreigners in the state, his OSD on Sunday said Khattar had said any such move can be possible only if there’s a provision in the cow protection Act, passed by the Assembly last year.
“There is a ban on liquor in Gujarat, but there is a special permission under which foreigners can consume alcohol. Likewise, the CM was asked whether there would be any special permission under which foreigners could eat beef in the state, to which he replied that people of Haryana do not eat beef and are against cow slaughter. But, he said, if there was any provision in the Act, it was possible; otherwise it wasn’t,” Jawahar Yadav, OSD to the CM, told ANI. He added that as per his knowledge, there was no such provision in the Act.
- No decision on allowing foreigners to eat beef in Haryana, says Manohar Lal Khattar
- Don’t come to Haryana if you can’t live without beef, says Anil Vij
- Haryana CM Khattar backs Vij's beef remark
- No plan to issue beef licences to foreigners: Haryana CM
- Consume beef to increase iron intake: Haryana govt magazine
- AUDIO: Muslims can live in this country, but will have to give up eating beef, says Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
Despite repeated attempts, Khattar was not available for a comment.
“At least I am not aware of any such move (to relax the ban). Any relaxation, if proposed, has to be given under special provisions and in accordance with the law,” Industries Minister Capt Abhimanyu told The Indian Express.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Randeep Surjewala, a former minister and incumbent Congress MLA from Kaithal, said: “We follow the same legislation as Punjab, and this (cow slaughter) was banned in Punjab in the 1950s. The Haryana Assembly only enacted a separate law. In case the CM intends to (grant any relaxation), he will have to go to the Assembly and seek amendments.”