Around a month after he allegedly stoned to death a woman employee of the Indian railways, a Haridwar man was nabbed by the Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) of Rajkot city police on Sunday in connection with the crime. Puja Jadav (47), who was employed as a helper in the telecommunication department of Rajkot division of Western Railway was found dead in a nullah near Kuvadva on September 29. In her complaint, Jadav’s daughter Priti Solanki named Rajendra Shethi, a resident of Haridwar as the accused.
WHAT ELSE IS MAKING NEWS
Acting on the complaint, a DCB team had been camping in Haridwar for the last one week and eventually nabbed Shethi from Swami Sarvanand Ghat in Haridwar, brought him to Rajkot and formally arrested on Sunday. “Yadav and Shethi had come in contact with each other when Yadav had gone to Haridwar on a pilgrimage in 2007. Yadav’s husband Bhupendra had died around 10 years ago and she had got job the railway after that. But she later developed a relationship with Shethi. The accused would often come to Rajkot, stay for some time and return to Haridwar. Similarly, Yadav would also go to Haridwar occasionally. But Yadav’s daughter and her son-in-law were against the this relationship enraging Shethi and leading him to kill Yadav,” DCB police inspector Hitesh Gadhvi said.
Police said that Priti was a daughter born of Yadav’s marriage with Bhupendra. “Shethi is a driver. He had stayed in Rajkot for two years during 2013-15 and was employed as a driver in the city bus service,” Gadhvi further said. Shethi, who, police said, is around 35 year-old, had previously been booked for liquor consumption in Rajkot city and allegedly setting on fire house of his neighbour in Hardiwar, police said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“On the day of the crime, Shethi asked Yadav to accompany him to a temple for darshan. But he took her to an isolated place near Kuvadva and apparently stonned her to death due to the quarrels he had with Priti and Priti’s husband,” added the PI. Shethi has been booked for murder by Kuvadva police. He is likely to be produced in a local court on Monday, police said.