Patidar agitation leader Hardik Patel was summoned by the Udaipur IG and SP on Wednesday and reminded of the limitations imposed by the court.
The police told him that the Gujarat High Court’s order did not allow him to move out of his temporary residence.
Hardik is at present staying at the residence of former Congress MLA Pushkar Dangi in Udaipur’s Srinath Nagar.
The summons came soon after Hardik went for a trip to Srinath temple in Nathdwara on Tuesday to celebrate his birthday. He turned 23 on Wednesday.
- Hardik Patel appears in Mehsana court for 2015 case, arrest warrant scrapped
- 2015 vandalism case: Arrest warrant against Hardik Patel
- ‘Hardik Patel can move within Udaipur; no illegality committed by police’
- Hardik Patel accuses police of wrongful confinement, they point to HC order
- 'Wrongfully' put under house arrest in Udaipur, says Hardik Patel
- FIR registered against Hardik Patel for threatening toll booth staff
“Yes, we called him and talked to him about the conditions of his bail. As per the Gujarat High Court order, he has to stay at the address given to the court and cannot change it,” IG Anand Kumar Srivastava said. “If he has to move about or away from that address, he should seek permission from the court. If the court allows him, we do not have any problem,” he said. Srivastava denied it was a house arrest or detention. “We are just following orders of the court.”
Hardik said the high court order only restricted him from entering Gujarat and did not bar him from moving around elsewhere. He added that he would consult his lawyers over the issue.