Patel quota agitation leader Hardik Patel was today booked by Gujarat Police under sedition charges for his alleged comments on October 3 instigating a community youth to kill policemen instead of committing suicide.
“We have filed a case of sedition against Hardik Patel for his October 3 comments here telling his friends to kill
policemen,” DCP Marland Chauhan, who has become a complainant in the case, said.
The sedition case has been filed under section 124(A) of IPC at Amroli police station in the city. In a controversial remark in Surat, Hardik, the 22-year-old fiery leader, had allegedly advised a youth from the community to kill policemen rather than commit suicide.
- Five Patidar leaders get bail in sedition cases, only Hardik remains in jail
- Patidar leadership on a limb as Hardik Patel nears Day 200 in jail on sedition charges
- Hardik Patel begins ‘indefinite hunger strike’
- Prima facie case of sedition against Hardik Patel... needs to be probed, says Gujarat High Court
- Hardik Patel arrested for insulting Tricolour, booked for sedition
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
“If you have so much courage…then go and kill a couple of policemen. Patels never commit suicide,” Hardik had allegedly told the youth Vipul Desai, who had announced that he would commit suicide in support of the agitation.
Hardik visited Desai’s house accompanied by a team of a news channel which had aired the conversation later. This complaint against Hardik comes after almost 15 days of his controversial remarks.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The quota spearhead has been hogging the limelight since the August 25 “mega-rally” of Patels in Ahmedabad and the subsequent violence across Gujarat.
Hardik was detained yesterday in Rajkot ahead of India-South Africa third ODI, as he had threatened to protest during the match for quota for his community. He is still under detention of Rajkot Police.