Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray on Friday said the party did a mistake by letting and helping the BJP grow in Goa, else it would have had its leader as chief minister in the state long back. “When BJP did not have a single flag here in Goa, (Sena founder) Balasaheb Thackarey helped them to grow here. We thought BJP and MGP are parties with ideology, and hence, Sena would not interfere in Goa,” Thackarey told a workers’ convention at Porvorim near Panaji.
“Shiv Sena always thought that it will be restricting itself to Maharashtra, letting BJP spread its wings across the country, even in Delhi. We thought not to interfere in other states,” he said.
Sena did a mistake by not concentrating on Goa’s political scene and letting the BJP-MGP rule it, he said.
“If Shiv Sena had to prepare for Goa polls then without letting BJP and MGP to grow, by now we would have had our chief minister in the state,” he said.
Meanwhile, launching a scathing attack on BJP, Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut today termed Laxmikant Parsekar-led ruling government in Goa as “worst than the Portuguese government”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“The current BJP-led government in Goa is worst than Portuguese government. We (Sena) are here to throw this government out in the 2017 state Legislative Assembly election,” Raut said.
“We want to promise to the people of Goa that after 2017 election, there will be a Sena government in the state,” he said.
Shiv Sena has announced that they will be contesting the upcoming Goa polls, mostly on 20 seats in alliance with the party led by rebel RSS leader Subhash Velingkar.
“We are not here as tourists who will come and go back. We are here to give good governance to the people,” he said.
“(Maratha Warror King) Shivaji Maharaj had arrived in Goa then to conquer the territory from the Portuguese rule. He was ruling in few of the tehsils. Similarly, we are here to rule the state and provide good governance,” the Sena leader said.