An employee of the Embassy of Saudi Arabia died in an accident on the Gurgaon-Faridabad Road Saturday, said police. The incident took place early morning, while the victim and three of his friends were traveling from Gurgaon to Surajkund on their motorcycles.
The victim has been identified as Salmaal Bedi, 25, a staffer of the embassy. According to police, Bedi lost control of the motorcycle while navigating a turn.
The vehicle then rammed into a divider and Bedi was thrown 20 metres away due to the impact. He was immediately taken to a nearby hospital, where he died of injuries two hours later.
- Cyclist run over by DPS school bus, driver held
- Three charred to death as ambulance rams into truck in Greater Noida
- Woman dies in freak accident; PWD, NHAI named in complaint
- Call centre employee dead in crash, cab driver may have fallen asleep
- Two killed as tanker hits car on Yamuna Expressway
- Pune: Two of family die as car falls off bridge
“He was wearing the requisite safety gear. But the impact of the accident was so severe that his arms and legs were fractured,” said an officer.
The motorcycle was severely damaged in the accident, said police sources. Bedi had been working in the embassy since December 2014. A case has been registered at DLF Phase-I police station under Section 174 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.